Squaw Valley Academy Bay Area’s 5 Tips to Kick Off the New Year
The New Year is a time to refresh and recharge. Here at Squaw Valley Academy Bay Area, we compiled a list of 5 great ways to get your New Year started on the right track.
- Be Organized. Start the New Year with a clean slate. This is the time to go through your home and evaluate your possessions. A great way to make this process less daunting is by reading, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. She explains the importance of only keeping belongings that bring you joy.
- Be Healthy. Start by visiting your local Farmers Market. This will quickly improve eating habits. Also, you are helping support your local community. Livermore has an excellent Farmers Market.
- Be Social. We all have our Netflix days, but avoid overdoing it. Remember to get out and see friends, visit a local museum, check out the new restaurant in town, enjoy the nearby park, etc. Enjoying fun activities with the people you love will have you feeling excited for the New Year.
- Be Creative. Creativity is a great way to relieve stress. Use creativity to delve into a new hobby; write a blog, paint, dance, sculpt, etc. Tapping into your creative side can be fun, and before you know it you’ll have learned a new skill that you can be proud of.
- Be Generous. Reach out to a cause that you feel strongly about. More than just donating, visit and lend a helping hand. Some examples are; helping at the local Animal Shelter, cleaning up your local beach or park, packaging meals at a local food drive, etc. Lending a hand will not only make you happy but make others extremely happy as well.
Give your child an unparalleled educational experience at Squaw Valley Academy Bay Area. We offer highly qualified educators, technologically advanced classrooms, global campus community and much more in Livermore, CA. We serve grades 9 through 12, please call us about enrolling your child for the new school year. We are available at (925) 278-6346.