Thank you again for your desire to learn more about Squaw Valley Academy Bay Area and the application process. If you have not already spoken with our admission staff, please feel free to contact us and we would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
We realize that the decision to send your child to a boarding school so far from home is not easy. We also realize that you are making this decision with love for your child and as an investment in his or her future.
International students may enroll in core academic courses and ELD courses. SVA Bay Area offers beginning, intermediate, and advanced classes in our award-winning ELD curriculum, and student ELD progress is measured through weekly assessments.
International students who submit a TOEFL score of 80 or above are not required to interview via Skype for an English language assessment.
International Students Application Requirements:
- Completed online application (or complete a paper application and return it to our offices).
- Completed one-page hand-written essay in English. On a separate piece of paper, write a short statement describing yourself and explaining why you wish to attend Squaw Valley Academy Bay Area. Space to complete the statement is included on the application form.
- Transcript of grades in native language AND in English.
- Recommendation letter from a teacher or school official.
- Copy of bank statement that proves the family has sufficient funds to pay for the complete tuition.
- Application fee of $100 by written check mailed to our offices. The application fee can also be paid by credit card or bank draft. Funds may be transmitted by wire from your bank directly to the bank of SVA Bay area
- TOEFL score of 80 or higher OR ability to interview with school officials via Skype
No application can be considered until we have received all documentation and fees.
Students may fly directly to one of the three San Francisco Bay Area International Airports.
• San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
• Oakland International Airport (OAK)
• San Jose International Airport (SJC)
The Academy arranges student transportation from any of these three airports to Squaw Valley Academy Bay Area. The van ride can range from 45 minutes to an hour.